If I Win Tattslotto
If I win Tattslotto I'd travel far away
I'd visit South America home of mara and rhea
I'd buy a working Llama, I'd climb the mountain track
And Llama close behind me my luggage on his back.
Above the Andean mountains the hunting condor fly
For hours on end on windless day he hover in the sky
I'd travel this vast continent four thousand miles or more
The plains of Argentina the hills of Ecuador.
I would boat on the Amazon through forests of Brazil
Through deep and silent waters where one mistake can kill
Where lurk the small pirhana the cruelest killer known
A school of them in minutes would eat man to the bone.
The jungles of the jaguar the silent beast of prey
He hunt in darkened forest and hide from lamp of day
The fearless harpy eagle he fill his empty craw
On meat of forest dwellers the monkey and macaw.
If I win tattslotto I need not work no more
I'd travel South America from top to southern shore
I'd travel down the Amazon though forests of Brazil
Through deep and silent waters where one mistake can kill.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Win Tattslotto by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Start anew, gajanan mishra
- BACK TO SCHOOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA
- A Nation I Lack Of Notion, Halla Ingimars