If Life is...
If life is a bowl of cherries
What am I doing in the pits?
If life is a bed of roses
Why poison from my lips?
If life is a fairy tale from the Arabian nights
Why am I not Scheherazade with my head on?
If life is King Henry the eighth mighty rights
Why am I the embodiment of Ann Bolyne?
If life is a honeymoon suite
Why is my mattress made from thorns?
If life is covered with silky sheets
Why do I have to face the devil’s horns?
Erma Bombeck coined the phrase
Her humor stirs squarely at my face
Her morning columns fanning my blaze
Would she use me as her prop case?
She wonders if I made my own bed?
Or is it fate tipping my scale red?
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Life is... by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer