If Life is...
If life is a bowl of cherries
What am I doing in the pits?
If life is a bed of roses
Why poison from my lips?
If life is a fairy tale from the Arabian nights
Why am I not Scheherazade with my head on?
If life is King Henry the eighth mighty rights
Why am I the embodiment of Ann Bolyne?
If life is a honeymoon suite
Why is my mattress made from thorns?
If life is covered with silky sheets
Why do I have to face the devil’s horns?
Erma Bombeck coined the phrase
Her humor stirs squarely at my face
Her morning columns fanning my blaze
Would she use me as her prop case?
She wonders if I made my own bed?
Or is it fate tipping my scale red?
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Life is... by Leaking Pen )
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)