If only I could be nicer,
I might have more friends.
If only I could be smarter,
my bad grades would come to an end.
If only I could be braver,
adventures could be endless.
If only I could relax,
I wouldn't be so anxious.
If only I had another pet,
I could be less bored.
If only I had wings,
around the world I could have soared.
If only I liked bugs,
I would be outside much more.
If only I had a personality,
I would be less of a bore.
If only there was more time in the day,
I could be more productive.
If only I wasn't so curious,
I could be less destructive.
If only I wasn't so lazy,
I could be more healthy.
If only I could get a job,
I could be more wealthy.
All though some of these may never come true,
I wouldn't know,
since I've never had a clue.
Topic(s): me against myself
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If only by Lila Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Patterns Within Rainbows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shyness of her (ii), binod bastola
- Attach importance, gajanan mishra
- Silent Death, Adewale Ajakanri
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra