If You Are Nervous, Take Heed
Ask why, if the maple trees get nervous
As the dry winds of October strip their leaves
And all are lost,
Do they fret?
They close down but do not die.
If a doctor tells you
Of the cancer eating away your pancreas
And you have precious little time
To go, do you take action,
Take another step, if into a canyon in Utah,
Then you will die shortly-
Do what you never tried, act
As if you're falling fast,
Get in the time you always had lost,
Gross love, potent charity, heady learning?
Never say die, as Kipling would say,
But die if you must
With a brazen calmness.
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Are Nervous, Take Heed by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery