If you throw peanuts..
of few hundreds,
subsidized food items,
stamps and welfare system.
In some other places,
out dated black and white Tv,
mass produced defective,
electronics and electromechanics,
and pretentious concern,
at the last minute.
We are not monkeys,
to throw the peanuts at us.
We have the power,
at our finger.
If you, corrupt governments,
of the world,
do not decide our future,
that prosperous and healthy,
We will decide your future,
showing the exit and then,
the illegally acquired wealth,
may have to spend for your health.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If you throw peanuts.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)