If you throw peanuts..
of few hundreds,
subsidized food items,
stamps and welfare system.
In some other places,
out dated black and white Tv,
mass produced defective,
electronics and electromechanics,
and pretentious concern,
at the last minute.
We are not monkeys,
to throw the peanuts at us.
We have the power,
at our finger.
If you, corrupt governments,
of the world,
do not decide our future,
that prosperous and healthy,
We will decide your future,
showing the exit and then,
the illegally acquired wealth,
may have to spend for your health.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If you throw peanuts.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
- Besame (Translation Of Kiss Me), Adriana Avila
- Well behaved, hasmukh amathalal
- Never Far From You, Wani Rahil
- Cloak of Autumn, Jacqueline Nash
- In the Desert of Iraq, Donal Mahoney
- Tagged, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Julie, Jeffrey Smith
- winter's advice, teresa sellers
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)