I used to play at Pirates,
And sailed the seven seas.
Then I was a cowboy,
These simple things did me please.
I had a vivid imagination,
Adventure was always on my mind.
I discovered the joys of reading,
And escaped the daily grind.
Once I lived with the Eskimos,
In the land of ice and snow,
Went hunting and a fishing,
My fantasy was all aglow.
I read a book of Jules Verne,
And went off to the moon,
It was just to take a look,
Then it was time to return.
I spent time in the forests of Africa,
With Dr. Livingstone as my guide,
Then off again to America,
With Huckleberry Finn I did hide.
In my world of fantasy and imagination,
I performed such wonderful deeds.
A Hero of all the Nations,
I was the one that did succeed.
Then I grew up my childish world at an end.
I had become serious it nearly drove me around the bend.
I still do like the mysterious,
This is the message I am trying to send.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagination. by Bernard Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- June, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Ghazal-Ajnabi Se They, Akhtar Jawad
- Me and Everyone we know, Cassie Kinney
- Semester of lineage, Emmanuel George Cefai
- This House of Mind, Cassie Kinney
- Fulfilled To Get Their Wishes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- В унисон со старою балладой, Xena von Davydoff
- You Spoke my heart, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Opal thrusts, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Sea-Wall, Emmanuel George Cefai