You know the old saying
About butterflies in your stomach
Supposed to just be a figure of speech, right?
I don’t think those butterflies are in my imagination
I think they’re real,
I know they’re real
How do I know?
Well… if they were fake I’d be able to eat wouldn’t I?
Well I can’t
Not when I’m thinking of you
And it’s not as if you can imagine your stomach is full
I don’t think imaginary butterflies can make my stomach feel so full
And just the thought of you make the feelings overflow
So that I feel sick
But a sort of good kind of sick
An okay kind of sick
Maybe just a… in love kind of sick?
Anyway those butterflies are real
They’re not my imagination
Because if they’re fake, then so are my thoughts
And how I feel when I think of you
And if this is true, than you’re fake
You’re not real
You’re just a figment of my imagination
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagination by Salimah Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher