IMPOSED EDICTS ON OUR POLITICIANS.. APRIL 23RD 2013
I can write about death-with-dignity till I’m blue in the face,
And not one politician will step forward to help in our case,
They have been told by some party leader to avoid this stuff,
Why do appointees and establishment think it’s pretty rough?
The Americans have death-with-dignity in two states,
Canadians can’t even bring it up for provincial debate,
Politicians don’t want to rock the boat because they’ve been told,
Could get kicked out of their party so they can’t be that bold.
I’m not sure why the opposition to death-with-dignity is so fierce,
Is it the various religions that organize such force?
Why should they object so strongly to those who want to die?
As they impose edicts on politicians and I don’t know why.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (IMPOSED EDICTS ON OUR POLITICIANS.. APRIL 23RD 2013 by James Bredin )
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
- Lonely mirror ball., Simon Gowen
- NYBADET NAKEN, Gunnar Mo.
- Haiku 'Pebbles', miken newman
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)