In 100 Years From Now
In 100 years from now
There will be pig, goat and cow
And donkey, horse, sheep, rabbit and hare
Though many wild birds and animals may be rare.
In 100 years from now there will be wallaby and roo
Currawong, finch, rosella and cockatoo
Turkey, swan and duck and goose
Wombat, badger, bear and moose.
In 100 years from now there will be bushes, shrubs and trees
And rivers will flow to the seas
And in Spring birds will sing every day
But my bones with Nature will lay.
And barn owl will be seen at night
In the pale moonlight ghostly white
And birds will sing in wind and rain
And breeding frogs will sing in the flooded drain.
In 100 years from now waders from the northern shore
Will Winter in the sunny south and in Spring fly home to breed once more
And sparrows will chirp in the hedge by the house
And the house cat will stalk the bird and the mouse.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In 100 Years From Now by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Thief and poet, gajanan mishra
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)