In Black Despair
In grayish doubt and black despair,
I drafted hymns to the earth and the air,
pretending to joy, although I lacked it.
The age had made lament redundant.
So here's the question -- who can answer it --
Was he a brave man or a hypocrite?
Czeslaw Milosz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Black Despair by Czeslaw Milosz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- GOD VS. MAN, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. COMMON SENSE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CONSOLATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIP AUGMENTATION VS. DAISY DUCK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DON'T LOSE YOUR BALANCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMORLESS ASSHOLES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dream, Andre Salva
- RISE AND FALL, Beryl Dov
- BLACK THUMB 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WITLESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov