In Black Despair
In grayish doubt and black despair,
I drafted hymns to the earth and the air,
pretending to joy, although I lacked it.
The age had made lament redundant.
So here's the question -- who can answer it --
Was he a brave man or a hypocrite?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Black Despair by Czeslaw Milosz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Know Thyself, Savita Tyagi
- counting moths, lee fones
- Is This India Where Female Foeticide Is .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- आंखौबो अन, Bahadur Basumatary
- In company, hasmukh amathalal
- In our company, hasmukh amathalal
- Scenario Z, Rod Lloyd
- IT Screams = spittin on the mortal cum.., sEaN nOrTh
- Some Will Leap, Rod Lloyd
- i'd like to be trapped in a small space .., Mandolyn Davidson