Ace Of Black Hearts
In My Heart
Faint are the heart beats.
Faint are the very last breaths you will take.
Preparing myself for it the best I know how.
Forever is the love you have given.
In gods grace I pray for your safe transition and passage.
From one life to the next.
You will be sorely missed.
Distance may divide, but still common spirits do collide.
Angels of sorrow somehow always seem to survive.
And hear comes another tear drop.
This one is for you.
They are all for you.
You are the best I've ever known.
With a style all your own.
No matter our differences.
And all the indifference being projected.
I've always liked you.
The good ones are so hard to find.
We have had our moments.
But that doesn't change this.
Some shining stars move way to fast.
Becoming a distant fading light.
I wish I could have known you more personally then across a screen in electronic waves.
It is a regret on more then one occasion I have met.
I have felt it so deeply.
Death does not value time, nor rhyme.
It doesn't matter how unfair it seems.
Whining about it won't get you anywhere.
So this one goes out to you.
You know who you are.
And know you'll always be in my heart.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Heart by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)