In My Own World
IN MY OWN WORLD MY THOUGHTS BECOME REALISTIC
PROBLEMS STARTING TO BECOME FANTASIES
EMOTIONS ROAMING MY MIND...YOU CAN SEE IT
IN MY OWN WORLD THE GIRL YOU SEE WALK THE DARK STREETS ALONE
WATCHING HER SINS FLOAT AWAY...I WONDER
IN MY OWN WORLD...SEEING ALL MY WRONGS DIE AND TURN INTO RIGHTS...
IN MY OWN WORLD...
WHEN IM FEELING RED MY SKY TURNS BLUE WHEN IM FEELING BLACK MY GRASS TURN GREEN WHEN IM FEELING GRAY MY TREES TURNS RED WITH ENVY BECAUSE IM TRAPED IN A MIND FULL OF EMOTIONS
BUT I PUT THAT BEHIND ME IN MY OWN WORLD
MY CLOUDS SMILE MY OCEAN SINGS...IN MY OWN WORLD
THE SUN...MY ONLY FRIEND...HELP ME UNDERSTAND
IM CONFUSED IM LOST HELP ME ESCAPE...NO WAIT...
FORGET THAT I CAN LIVE MY LIFE AS IF I WAS ONLY BY MYSELF
I COULD DO THINGS AS IF I COULDN’T GET PUNISH FOR
A GIRL WHO LOOKS AT EARTH IN THE PALMS OF HER HANDS
CRYS WHICH CAUSE RAIN IN PEOPLE LIFES
YEAH... IM IN MY OWN WORLD…..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Own World by Bre Lewis )
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 March 1941 -)
Michael P. McParland
(July 19 1983)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.