In one's company
I prefer my own company
or accompany of a dog.
We do not speak the same language
but we understand each other.
I haven’t an urge, if I could,
to sniff the butts of passerby’s
as he would any passing pooch;
nor is he engrossed in iambs
and inspiration as I am.
yet we enjoy our company
and need each other very much
simply because we’re together
and for our brief intimacy
we both are assuredly free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In one's company by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Living up to love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Leave Sorrow Behind, Paul Gerard Reed
- A LANDSCAPE IS AWAITING..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- الغابة السوداء, نزار قباني
- <<< Free Conscience, Abdul Wahab
- شموس, نزار قباني
- المعطف, نزار قباني
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem: Hymnody, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey