In The Deepest Corner of My Heart
In The Deepest Corner Of My Heart
Somewhere beyond the mountains and the seas,
Beyond everything we could touch or see,
Beyond the furthest star there will ever be,
Lays a world, a kingdom, just for me.
It's a world that is entirely free,
I control the skies, and even the trees,
When it's hot, i just summon the breeze,
For honey, I just ask from the bees!
Every morning, the sun greets me with a smile,
And under the warm sun, I just lie for a while,
Enjoying this beautiful world, although it's so wild,
Looking up at the blue sky and I simply smile.
Running through the woods as if I'm a hound,
Enjoying the beautiful, the gorgeous nature,
Until I reach the furthest cliff where I slowly sit down,
Staring at this magnificent world, filled with wonder.
There is a cottage made out of leaves,
On the topmost peak where i can see,
In front, a clear river with a school of fish,
Gazing at the countless stars, making an impossible wish.
Away from all pressures and sorrows of reality,
In the deepest deepest corner of me,
Through the door where only I have the keys,
This world of my own continues to live.
With the presence of it, I feel free from boundaries,
The sadness I feel just suddenly cease,
Taken over by the feeling of glee,
and I just dwell in it happily.
Max Soon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Deepest Corner of My Heart by Max Soon )
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)