In The Process Of Existence
In the mirror I saw a cup of colours,
Dying and living in the light of its neighbours.
A nameless darkness struck the gloaming,
One wondered and waited, forfeiting the lightness.
It is difficult to converse,
There is to know a certain majesty behind the
Gloaming, that differs like a diverse blessing
With divinity to meet the worlds in this life.
In the mirror is an ideal too religious,
A cloud of incense has been enraged
By the smells of a rose,
Wavering in the breezes of laughter.
Unwilling to move and respond,
The roses uplift us all with
Their stagnant beauty.
Divinity has entered the mirror of virtues,
One lifts the universal message to find.
The perfect being uplifts itself
With the similitude of living,
Twins and separate men must
Commandeer the battles to be fought
On the plane of existence.
Processes have to be in existence,
As well as in pure existence.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Process Of Existence by Naveed Akram )
- Limerick.21. An Advice, Valsa George
- You are welcome, my dear Mother, gajanan mishra
- Not all you get, hasmukh amathalal
- Limerick.20. Snoring, Valsa George
- Towards my dreams, Framarz Bagheri
- love, jaquesha webb
- Naughty Two 14, Framarz Bagheri
- Waiting For My Friend, Tony Adah
- With plan, hasmukh amathalal
- rotating, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)