In The Twilight Of My Life
In the twilight of my life only darkness ahead
And in a decade or two from now i may be dead
But life will go on that's what does matter most
And to great Mother Nature we will drink a toast.
Yes Nature will live and the past will be gone
And old father time will keep ticking on
And birds in the groves and the hedgerows will sing
And after the Winter there will be a Spring.
And Summer will come with her sunshine and flowers
And fruits will slowly ripen in the cool Autumn showers
And Nature's four Seasons they will come and go
And the big river down to the ocean will flow.
And the old stony hill that the years have left brown
Will overlook the countryside and the rural town
And long after old thirsty el nino has gone
The Goddess of Nature will be living on.
The clock on my life it keeps ticking away
And my end draws nearer with each passing day
And i no less a mortal than a sheep or a cow
May not be around in a decade from now.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Twilight Of My Life by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What You Given Me, Lilly Emery
- Just Open Your Eyes, Ronell Warren Alman
- Margarita, Margarita Kamal
- sometimes dead is better, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's a good thing we never were, Mandolyn Davidson
- Great And Noble Nations, David Harris
- i'm aging. it's in the script., Mandolyn Davidson
- tripping the alarm on a nightmare, Mandolyn Davidson
- Letters To Myself, Margarita Kamal
- When A Man Loves You, tallulah montegue