Influence The Appointed Senate
How do we influence the Canadian Senate appointees?
They are not elected so live an aristocrat life of ease,
So isolated, they may not have heard of death-with-dignity,
Should we write them, phone them, e-mail them or just watch them on TV?
As members of the appointed Ottawa elite; they are high up,
You don’t get normal contact with these aristocrats closeup,
You have to show respect because of their honorary titles,
And realize that they have lots of bureaucratic disciples.
How do we tell these elites about death-with-dignity now?
They may not listen because they are holier than thou,
Is there somewhere you can complain about this attitude?
And their complete lack of thankfulness and gratitude.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Influence The Appointed Senate by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Preface To A Twenty Volume Suicide Note, Imamu Amiri Baraka
- Out, Out, Robert Frost
- Barter, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Changing Everything, Jane Hirshfield
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson
- Dear Lonely Animal,, Oni Buchanan
- And The World, Darren Hobson
- Heaven Must Be A Lonely Place, Derek Brendish
- all at once..., ging taping
- Could I Walk Alone?, Derek Brendish
- Human Karma, Harindhar Reddy
- A Madman, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Bamboo Love, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Twilight Land, Tanya K.Tuomi