Informed Citizen Disorder
It's said that good citizenship
Is knowing the important news.
A daily merry-go-round trip
That oft does color us with blues.
But news today is money biz.
Not once upon a time Cronkite
Closing, '...and that's the way it is.'
Today, the news is rarely right.
Yes, we should take it in, but think
Critically what's really true.
Effort that makes us sweat and stink.
Alter the mood - that's what to do!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Try picking truth smorgasboarder.
Comments about this poem (Informed Citizen Disorder by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)