Initiative - Paradox
Though siren songs of progress spur Man higher,
like Icarus, beware ambitions' fire!
Conservatives of every hue
advance that common caveat -
whenever faced with something new
they seldom fail to smell a rat.
They therefore counsel caution due
before attempting this or that,
implying that inventions new, -
to wit: all that is not old-hat, -
are heresy, could threaten too.
You want a turn? Go out and bat!
Youth to youth true, what you must... do!
Don't wait too late, when old and fat, -
their attitude appears askew,
could be ignored, accepting that...
Sure, though to safety's shore returned his sire,
Daedalus' fate, forgot by most, was dire.
(9 September 1981)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Initiative - Paradox by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Teri Yade.............., sonali kumari
- Ye Mere Nayan............., sonali kumari
- Ek Eahsaas Khushi…………………, sonali kumari
- Fin!, Jim Yerman
- ANOTHER CHANCE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Black And Blue, Electric Lady
- TAX PAYER, alexander opicho
- Poem: Power Thoughts, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Do You Really Want To Live In The Past?, Ronald Chapman
- Sundar Sa Ehsas................, sonali kumari