Benjamin Franklin King
1 De Injun summah's comin',
2 De bees is all froo hummin',
3 De watah-mellon thumbin'
4 Has passed long time ago.
5 De ole clock in de kitchen
6 Is tickin' mos' bewitchin',
7 While Gabe is out unhitchin'
8 Just kase it looks like snow.
9 De lambs is runnin' over
10 De aftahmath ob clovah,
11 An' yondah comes de drovah;
12 I 'spec he' got a yahn
13 About de ole bell-weddah
14 Dat's wand'rin roun' de meddah
15 An' wants ter git togeddah
16 Wid de sheep up roun' de bahn.
17 Some days de sun is shinin',
18 Some days de win' is whinin',
19 An' den I'se after fin'in'
20 Big pippins on de groun';
21 De birds hab all stopped singin',
22 Wil' geese is soufward wingin',
23 Jes' look an' see 'em stringin'
24 Whar warmah weddah's foun'.
25 De yaller cat is nappin'
26 En layin' roun' an' gappin';
27 Bimeby he will be slappin'
28 Some tom-cat on de wall.
29 Dar's a mellah, yellah glory
30 Kase de yeah is ol' an' ho'ry,
31 An' a melancholy story
32 So't o' hangin' roun' us all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Injun Summah by Benjamin Franklin King )
- ANGER, ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)