The dark shadow beckons
It calls insidiously from the corners
Whispering little temptations
Drawing me deeper into the tunnel
So deep that the shadow that once lurks behind me
starts to climb up around me,
over my shoulders
till it turns to face me
and overwhelms me.
I scream a wordless terror
But my voice fails
What's the point?
No one can hear me now
I'm in too deep
No one can get me out
The darkness does not let it's prey go easily
Once ensnared I'm theirs
To corrupt, to ravish, to destroy.
So I fall,
collapsing in a heap
in the grimiest corner
the world could possibly have seen
In tears I wrap my arms around my knees
and gently rock my broken heart to sleep
Crying out for what I've lost
Mourning for the hope that dims
with each passing day the pieces shatter
the edges pierce deeper
my blood seeps away
Without a word,
Without a goodbye...
No one remembers
No one cares
No one cries...
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner demons by Anna Ong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai