Jacob Anthony Garcia
With great shadow on the sandy beach,
The sun falls beneath our glance.
As we sit there staring at the ocean’s reach,
I find such sweet romance…
Shifting my hand with some uncertainty,
We touch and seal our fingertips.
Searching for courage with humility,
I dream of her love upon my lips.
Through tremendous grace, passion, and desire,
I peer into her eyes filled with affection and strength.
Looking, in a trance upon the mighty fire,
We lock lips with everlasting length.
The tide was high on that perfect night,
With moon enriched of romance in its flight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence... by Jacob Anthony Garcia )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra
- What'z a Curmudgeon?, douglas scotney
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon
- What Happens?, David Lewis Paget
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra
- Rasheeda, Matthias Pantaleon