Jacob Anthony Garcia
With great shadow on the sandy beach,
The sun falls beneath our glance.
As we sit there staring at the ocean’s reach,
I find such sweet romance…
Shifting my hand with some uncertainty,
We touch and seal our fingertips.
Searching for courage with humility,
I dream of her love upon my lips.
Through tremendous grace, passion, and desire,
I peer into her eyes filled with affection and strength.
Looking, in a trance upon the mighty fire,
We lock lips with everlasting length.
The tide was high on that perfect night,
With moon enriched of romance in its flight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence... by Jacob Anthony Garcia )
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)