Wearing these shredded garments of happiness,
I journey into the abyss.
Dragging each step to suffer more-
Learning to sustain my final burn.
I eagerly pursuit the black crow.
Slither journey in soberly awareness,
Torture my soul with Needles.
Blue heavens crown my fields of gold-
Hundreds of pathways sprung with natures essence,
Fill my sight and heart.
'My insanities rhapsody of a man made of straw'
Longing for real life.
Tempted to breath;
Lusting my final sleep.
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insanities Rhapsody by Gengis Capote )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)