All alone in my darkened room,
The life I chose has brought my doom,
Not awake, and I'm not asleep,
I have no sanity left to keep.
Staring blankly into space,
When I look in the mirror, I see no face,
My eyes are black as the deepest hole,
Though not as black as my dark, black soul.
I'm fading away, as the days wear on,
Finally someday I'll be totally gone.
No animal or man can feel my pain,
My head is spinning, I'm going insane!
All my insanity's taking over,
My insanity's weighing down on my shoulders,
I stuck by myself, going deep down,
The moon never smiles, and the sun always frowns.
Kailie Peterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insanity by Kailie Peterson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb