Lawrence S. Pertillar
Intimidation Feeds My Initiative
I have come to face obstacles and opposition,
For so long that my appearance may seem nonchalant.
Or my willingness to be hospitable,
With the giving of compliments is not expected.
I sometimes empathize with those who believe,
I have just arrived on the scene to be easily intimidated.
Especially when folks like these have no idea,
Intimidation feeds my initiative.
And at this age I've been blessed to witness...
It was not done on the run as I chased rainbows.
But I will admit to sharing a few delusions with adversaries.
Who came to laugh in my face after being invited into my home.
That's how hospitable I can be to someone I 'know' is a demon.
To not let it be known I know exactly who 'they' are.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Intimidation Feeds My Initiative by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Poem of the Day
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Light Up The Lamp Within You, Amitava Sur
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...
- The worst is not the best anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Tale Of Snow White And The Seven Dwa.., Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- My Mommy's Apple Pie!, santhosh kumar
- Flying out, maryline vautravers