Intoxicating My Being
I was hiding from a light growing brighter and brighter
On a day when the sun rose earlier without any warning,
Intoxicating my being
You were seemingly still sleeping,
But I felt your wish growing brighter and brighter
In that moment when you turned suddenly to me
Wearisomely to kiss me, without any warning,
Until your kisses intoxicated my being.
So closed to you I felt just to hear
Your inner cry.
I saw love growing brighter and brighter
In your eyes and your heart began to beat faster without any warning.
A part of me you became
To synthesize my dreams.
I opened my crystal memories to breathe you
In forgiveness and love.
Your warm love
Was a geyser
In the middle of my glaciation.
You could satisfy my painful concatemer.
Our future was seemingly laying in the ashes of my dying loneliness.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Intoxicating My Being by Marieta Maglas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Who Sees The Tears, V P Mahur
- The Daily Walk, Jesus James Llorico
- When life was a long ambassador car ride.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Dead dream, the hobbler
- Simple Note, Abdullah alHemaidy
- truth versus lie, Reena Puri
- world full of uncertainty, lee fones
- To My Ever Faithful Elaine, David McLansky
- OUR NAMES اسماءنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- OUR NAMES, MOHAMMAD SKATI