Intoxicating My Being
I was hiding from a light growing brighter and brighter
On a day when the sun rose earlier without any warning,
Intoxicating my being
You were seemingly still sleeping,
But I felt your wish growing brighter and brighter
In that moment when you turned suddenly to me
Wearisomely to kiss me, without any warning,
Until your kisses intoxicated my being.
So closed to you I felt just to hear
Your inner cry.
I saw love growing brighter and brighter
In your eyes and your heart began to beat faster without any warning.
A part of me you became
To synthesize my dreams.
I opened my crystal memories to breathe you
In forgiveness and love.
Your warm love
Was a geyser
In the middle of my glaciation.
You could satisfy my painful concatemer.
Our future was seemingly laying in the ashes of my dying loneliness.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Intoxicating My Being by Marieta Maglas )
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love is a wonder, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A Hug To Say I Love You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)