Ironies Of Life
It's funny how a hello is always accompanied by a good bye,
How good memories never fail to make you cry.
It's funny how friends can easily be made and found,
But when you need them no one seems to be around.
It's funny how a person would humble his own state,
When in reality, he is not at all as he thinks that great.
It's funny how a north could be made to seem south,
How smart a person would seem until he opens his mouth.
It's funny how some people are blessed with the power of speech,
Too bad sense and reason are some of the things one can not teach.
It's funny how creative a person would seem with what he did,
Until you find the sources he so arduously hid.
It's funny how an optimist would think this world can be one of the best,
How a pessimist would cringe in fear that the latter was being honest.
It's funny how ironic this poem is turning out to be,
But the most ironic of it all, none of these seem funny at all to me.
iOXYnoMORON 00's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ironies Of Life by iOXYnoMORON 00 )
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You have Made Me Yours, Md. Ziaul Haque
- हाबाब सना, हाबाब मैना, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I will not be Here…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I VISIT MYSELF, ROCHISH MON
- Water Can Speak!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Eye-Catcher, Naveed Khalid
- It's Shakespeare [Sheikspeare] not Sexpe.., Md. Ziaul Haque
- Magician, Naveed Khalid
- snow, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)