Ironies Of Life
It's funny how a hello is always accompanied by a good bye,
How good memories never fail to make you cry.
It's funny how friends can easily be made and found,
But when you need them no one seems to be around.
It's funny how a person would humble his own state,
When in reality, he is not at all as he thinks that great.
It's funny how a north could be made to seem south,
How smart a person would seem until he opens his mouth.
It's funny how some people are blessed with the power of speech,
Too bad sense and reason are some of the things one can not teach.
It's funny how creative a person would seem with what he did,
Until you find the sources he so arduously hid.
It's funny how an optimist would think this world can be one of the best,
How a pessimist would cringe in fear that the latter was being honest.
It's funny how ironic this poem is turning out to be,
But the most ironic of it all, none of these seem funny at all to me.
iOXYnoMORON 00's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ironies Of Life by iOXYnoMORON 00 )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Sensation Of Cleansing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A vase of flowers, Leong Ming Loong
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra