Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ]
What have I done today....
to make my wife upset?
It wasn't very much,
but troubled she did get.
.... guess I have the knack
to make my Love's eyes wet.
I walked to the mailbox.
I moved a flower pot.
I trimmed my toenails, ....
and to do so, I did squat.
Yes, I have hurting hips, ....
but only now and then.
If I don't do chores NOW,
tell me, won't you, WHEN?
ok! Call my stubborn;
it is a trait of MEN.
NOW she serves me supper.
Are my sins forgiven?
The day was not so bad;
more trouble I have been in.
But SHE may think it "time" ……
time I end my sinnin'.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
there? men are thoughtless, cruel, and difficult, if not impossible,
for women to rule completely.....no matter how hard the women try! i
have to be a MAN once in a while. so i may lift something heavier
than she thinks i should, or use body mechanics she thinks are
unhealthy. what? does she want me to live forever? ?
p.s. my PH friend John Westlake found a typo! : ( i had typed 'call my stubborn'. it should now be corrected to 'call me stubborn'!
OOPS! ! she is behind me reading this! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! OUCH! I'M SORRY DEAR. REALLY.
Comments about this poem (Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ] by Bri Edwards )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Night Before Christmas (at the cat l.., Randal Johnson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Language dilemna, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- My funeral, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- The Students into Terrorism, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Hater, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- What is me, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- So we free, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Nature on Earth (Acrostic 2), soulful heart
- Out of danger, hasmukh amathalal
- You owe it to yourself, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Essence of Humanity(Acrostic 1), soulful heart