' Is It Ever Too Late?
What is it about society
That resents authority?
There needs to be structure
Or chaos would rule;
Certain factions defy the law -
They live without rules,
They do as they please,
Wreak havoc in the world;
Conscience does not guide them,
Right or wrong the same -
Without regret, they stand alone
And answer to no man;
Destruction is their motive -
Death, mutilation, pain
Their playing cards,
The joker is wild;
Spawn of the devil?
What turns one child to darkness
And another to the light?
Products of environment -
Reflections of love or neglect?
And could you ever love enough
To change the tide
From bad to good,
To save a soul.................
Is it ever too late?
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Is It Ever Too Late? by Linda Ori )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd