' Is It Ever Too Late?
What is it about society
That resents authority?
There needs to be structure
Or chaos would rule;
Certain factions defy the law -
They live without rules,
They do as they please,
Wreak havoc in the world;
Conscience does not guide them,
Right or wrong the same -
Without regret, they stand alone
And answer to no man;
Destruction is their motive -
Death, mutilation, pain
Their playing cards,
The joker is wild;
Spawn of the devil?
What turns one child to darkness
And another to the light?
Products of environment -
Reflections of love or neglect?
And could you ever love enough
To change the tide
From bad to good,
To save a soul.................
Is it ever too late?
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Is It Ever Too Late? by Linda Ori )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)