IS SELECT SUICIDE A SCANDAL... OCT 21ST,2013
Has the Vatican pedophile scandal vanished and gone away?
Is our present Senate scandal here forever to stay?
Is death-with-dignity completely illegal and banned?
Would another Red Chamber throne speech be politically grand?
What happens if Quebec gets death-with-dignity and we don’t?
Could we here in Ontario then claim that we were disowned?
Could the Ottawa aristocrats prorogue parliament once more?
Could compulsory voting become an issue and why do they deplore?
So here we are watching rush-hour traffic on TV and think we’re great,
While death-with-dignity is denied and never comes up for debate,
We may go to Switzerland to die but not to Quebec,
Because that’s in their DWD law that we didn’t write or select.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (IS SELECT SUICIDE A SCANDAL... OCT 21ST,2013 by James Bredin )
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- অন্ধকার গলিতে একরাতে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তবুও তোমায় ভালবাসি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- কিছু মধুর স্মৃতি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- মেঘের দেশে কি তুমি এখনও হারাও?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The haze and mist., David Boyce
- ট্রেনের পরিত্যক্ত বোতল কুড়ানো ছেলেটি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Conspiracy Theorists, Saiom Shriver
- Let the hands help the eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- বৃদ্ধ বয়স, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)