Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is There A Better Explanation?
If there are those who make claims,
They had no knowledge...
Of that which clearly appears,
And has been in existence...
In their presence and not in hiding to disguise,
To see as leaves are to witness on trees.
Then reality is fading quicker to detect.
And delusions have replaced them unsuspectedly,
In a collective mindset.
A finding it much too easy to make excuses,
With a refusing to admit the presence of negligence...
Has become as common as the rise of conflicts.
No one seems to comprehend how they begin.
Like the display of disrespect, deceit and the telling of lies!
These are the appetites being fed today,
And weren't always cravings people found to be a part of their lives.
An acquired taste for this nonsense had to start somewhere.
This 'stuff' didn't just drop out of the air to become cherished!
People are awakening and ready to confess,
Of being obsessed with an unconsciousness to possess.
And the hypnotizing affect of it,
Has begun to wear off. Is there a better explanation? Hmmm.
Or...their kept pretensions became too expensive to keep? No!
But then again...charades, masquerades and kept pretensions?
Hmmm...NOTHING is going to lower the cost to make them less effective,
Especially for those with lost minds trying to find them.
Wherever strays roam to go!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is There A Better Explanation? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)