Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is There A Better Explanation?
If there are those who make claims,
They had no knowledge...
Of that which clearly appears,
And has been in existence...
In their presence and not in hiding to disguise,
To see as leaves are to witness on trees.
Then reality is fading quicker to detect.
And delusions have replaced them unsuspectedly,
In a collective mindset.
A finding it much too easy to make excuses,
With a refusing to admit the presence of negligence...
Has become as common as the rise of conflicts.
No one seems to comprehend how they begin.
Like the display of disrespect, deceit and the telling of lies!
These are the appetites being fed today,
And weren't always cravings people found to be a part of their lives.
An acquired taste for this nonsense had to start somewhere.
This 'stuff' didn't just drop out of the air to become cherished!
People are awakening and ready to confess,
Of being obsessed with an unconsciousness to possess.
And the hypnotizing affect of it,
Has begun to wear off. Is there a better explanation? Hmmm.
Or...their kept pretensions became too expensive to keep? No!
But then again...charades, masquerades and kept pretensions?
Hmmm...NOTHING is going to lower the cost to make them less effective,
Especially for those with lost minds trying to find them.
Wherever strays roam to go!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is There A Better Explanation? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)