Is There No Happiness Left In The World?
IS THERE NO HAPPINESS LEFT IN THE WORLD?
Is there no Happiness left in the world?
Is the only sound left for us words of complaint?
Is all only bad and to be bad forever?
Are we always now only going down to dust
And nothing nothing ever good again?
Or is there somewhere somehow
Even for us
Light and Joy and Hope and Happiness
Music and Laughter?
Is there still for us too
Something of what makes human life worth living?
Or are we condemned to only always be in our own misery?
And always only lamenting how we have done nothing
And will never do anything worthwhile again?
Is there no Happiness left in the world
None at all?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is There No Happiness Left In The World? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Morning and morning, gajanan mishra
- You Will Wake Up In The Garden, Ismim Putera
- Prime Truth - 18, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss
- "...from neck to nuts", Jeff Gangwer
- They Have Been Sleeping in the War Zone, Ismim Putera
- Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- On mission, hasmukh amathalal