Is There No Happiness Left In The World?
IS THERE NO HAPPINESS LEFT IN THE WORLD?
Is there no Happiness left in the world?
Is the only sound left for us words of complaint?
Is all only bad and to be bad forever?
Are we always now only going down to dust
And nothing nothing ever good again?
Or is there somewhere somehow
Even for us
Light and Joy and Hope and Happiness
Music and Laughter?
Is there still for us too
Something of what makes human life worth living?
Or are we condemned to only always be in our own misery?
And always only lamenting how we have done nothing
And will never do anything worthwhile again?
Is there no Happiness left in the world
None at all?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is There No Happiness Left In The World? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)