Is This Life?
the night i was removed from school,
i must have looked like such a fool
i thought back then i knew it all,
i drown my fears in alcohol.
my body violated in the darkness i lay,
raped & beaten in this wet alleyway,
between my legs life drains away,
on my back i earn my pay.
strangers & nurses surround me, i'm ill,
trapped in this body i've tried to kill,
epitaph reads, no power, no will,
i ended my life now i lay here, still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This Life? by Anais Dieudonnee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Hunter, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Glasses, Edgar Albert Guest
- Laddies, Edgar Albert Guest
- Greatness, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Sorrow Tugs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rich, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy That Was, Edgar Albert Guest
- At The Door, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Going Home For Christmas, Edgar Albert Guest
- Canning Time, Edgar Albert Guest