A Beautiful Mask of Smile!
Who has not crossed the bridge of,
Pile of emotions keeps on flickering,
Day and night like the beautiful stars,
Twinkling in the sky, though not visible,
In the bright sunlight!
Like the Mask of beautiful smile,
Covering the painful face.
No one knows whats going inside one's mind.
Like a birdie trapped,
Inside a cage singing painful song.
Loud clapping heard outside for singing.
But inside the cage was a weeping bird.
No one listened her painful cries.
Like a joker in a circus, making the people laugh.
But inside his laughter lies the cries of pain.
As all his days were not pleasant ones.
He has to make people laugh
Whatever pain he carries with him.
A mask of beautiful smile hides all the pains behind.
Yes its the mask and only mask plays the beautiful roles.
Will I be ever able to unveil the mask?
Yes, a day will come
When I will unveil my mask.
And laugh out loudly
Cry out loudly
Shout out loudly
And live a day only and only for me.
No day is same.
Every day is a new day
As bright as sun!
Which is sure to come in! ! !
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Mask of Smile! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi