A Beautiful Mask of Smile!
Who has not crossed the bridge of,
Pile of emotions keeps on flickering,
Day and night like the beautiful stars,
Twinkling in the sky, though not visible,
In the bright sunlight!
Like the Mask of beautiful smile,
Covering the painful face.
No one knows whats going inside one's mind.
Like a birdie trapped,
Inside a cage singing painful song.
Loud clapping heard outside for singing.
But inside the cage was a weeping bird.
No one listened her painful cries.
Like a joker in a circus, making the people laugh.
But inside his laughter lies the cries of pain.
As all his days were not pleasant ones.
He has to make people laugh
Whatever pain he carries with him.
A mask of beautiful smile hides all the pains behind.
Yes its the mask and only mask plays the beautiful roles.
Will I be ever able to unveil the mask?
Yes, a day will come
When I will unveil my mask.
And laugh out loudly
Cry out loudly
Shout out loudly
And live a day only and only for me.
No day is same.
Every day is a new day
As bright as sun!
Which is sure to come in! ! !
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Mask of Smile! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)