Is This True
Our senators would be unemployed if we abolished that place,
Do we have the power to do that and would it be a disgrace?
Can someone name something good that the Senate might have done?
Why were they appointed till they’re seventy five - everyone?
Could our appointed Supreme Court, just refuse to let this happen?
And even write their high handed command in legal Latin?
And are we allowed to change the Constitution by ourselves?
Just remember, that they are all appointed aristocrats themselves.
We are talking extremely elite high handed blue-blood stuff,
Even if they were only appointed; that might be enough,
Is this something like Trudeau’s Charter except different?
Would the Queen have to sign it or is that relevant?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Is This True by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman