James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Is This True
Our senators would be unemployed if we abolished that place,
Do we have the power to do that and would it be a disgrace?
Can someone name something good that the Senate might have done?
Why were they appointed till they’re seventy five - everyone?
Could our appointed Supreme Court, just refuse to let this happen?
And even write their high handed command in legal Latin?
And are we allowed to change the Constitution by ourselves?
Just remember, that they are all appointed aristocrats themselves.
We are talking extremely elite high handed blue-blood stuff,
Even if they were only appointed; that might be enough,
Is this something like Trudeau’s Charter except different?
Would the Queen have to sign it or is that relevant?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley