after the all been done and i
one old creature carried on
another creature's back, i wonder
could i have fought these thing?
surrounded by no son of mine save
old men calling Mother like in the tale
the astrologer tell, i wonder
could i have walk away when voices
singing in my sleep? i one old woman.
always i seem to worrying now for
another young girl asleep
in the plain evening.
what song around her ear?
what star still choosing?
Lucille Clifton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Island Mary by Lucille Clifton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I LOVE YOU, Now, Let's Take Out The I an.., LUVinThe NOW
- Keep faith, hasmukh amathalal
- open fire on me, Marco Angelo
- Fall on death, hasmukh amathalal
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Not that heavy words...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The return of the sea's hero, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Why ash? ? ?, SALINI NAIR
- An Old Bench, David Harris
- Gifted Young-to Know of Death. But Not W.., A.j. Binash