When a tiny, modest yacht
Slides on calm lake water
I see my reflection in shining
Lake and forget any bother.
I often did it, being young.
Today I am doing
It again though my cloudy days
Have come and we have turned gray.
We moored not once at islet
That looked untouched
With little sandy bank, a glade
And bosk of old pines
And I was charmed.
All this was new to me as always
I never dreamed of it, just felt it near.
Two whims of nature,
Born in neglected land
We were, but to this day unchanged
Just you remained.
Alan Ingranazzio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Islet by Alan Ingranazzio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- एक माँ की उम्मीद (Expectation of a Mother), Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Who Will They Put In Charge Of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- Low Resistance, Susan Lacovara
- If There Ever Was,, Bill Cantrell
- Fireworks, Shruti Goswami
- Rainbow disappear, hasmukh amathalal
- You say, Shruti Goswami
- I am civilized, Shruti Goswami
- Search, Shruti Goswami
- Çarpıntı, Muzaffer Akin