It Does Not Matter If I Am Not An 'Immortal'
I will die anyway
Oblivion has a long time
It can wait for someone forever-
It will eventually encompass all-
Not being an 'Immortal'
Is what it is going to be
No matter how far
I do or do not get-
So I console myself now
With this small bit of cowardice.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Does Not Matter If I Am Not An 'Immortal' by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns