It Is We Who Are Now
IT IS WE WHO ARE NOW
It is we who are we now
Us in this world as we are now
Which truly matters.
The billions of years of what will be
Or what was.
All the rest
The billions and billions of people
And minds and nights and galaxies also
All that otherness we will never know
It doesn’t matter.
We as we are in our own lifetimes
With those we love
This is what matters
Our life our loves
The time we have
Before we won’t have any.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is We Who Are Now by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)