Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
It Is We Who Are Now
IT IS WE WHO ARE NOW
It is we who are we now
Us in this world as we are now
Which truly matters.
The billions of years of what will be
Or what was.
All the rest
The billions and billions of people
And minds and nights and galaxies also
All that otherness we will never know
It doesn’t matter.
We as we are in our own lifetimes
With those we love
This is what matters
Our life our loves
The time we have
Before we won’t have any.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.