ivor or ivor.e hogg
It is your choice.
I think it is ridiculous
What politicians promise us.
When they are on the campaign trail
and hope their party will prevail
They seem to think we are naïve
enough to readily believe
All of the promises they make
which once elected they will break.
We know that politicians lie
we also know the reason why
They are afraid that they will lose.
I we were really free to choose
A system which truly fair
to everybody everywhere.
The present system guarantees
a government which will not please.
The bulk of the electorate.
We have no choice but to demand.
This is no time to hesitate
We need to make them understand.
The time has come to make a stand.
Insist on change long overdue.
They’re not elected to command
But do the job they’re paid to do.
Perhaps this time our votes will show
we will no longer tolerate
The antiquated Status Quo
unsuited to a modern state.
It is your choice it’s up to you
to use your vote or to abstain
To take a chance on something new
Or settle for the same again.
Tuesday,27 April 2010. http: // blog.myspace.com/poetic piers
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It is your choice. by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)