Lawrence S. Pertillar
It's An Addicting Need
Why are those who choose,
To express an ignorance...
Said and/or intended to do,
Get the attention they expect?
With this intention not only meant,
But knowing it might ignite an unrest expected?
Offend those who already know,
Biases spoken and comments made to be heard...
Will upset their sensitivities they are too immature,
To have left behind to leave...
With an acceptance to progress beyond validating,
And confirming they seek subservience sought to get...
To leave their minds consciously limited,
With feelings of being oppressed...
By those they rely to remind them of it?
'It's an addicting need.
One knows quitting provides benefits.
But too painful it is to do 'cold turkey'.
If you've got 'em smoke 'em.
If not...bum 'em.'
What do you mean?
'If those did not feed them this addiction,
The attention given would be missed.
The doing of this continues to exist,
As if a prerequisite needing an approval? '
I see what you mean.
Like a belief one hates to leave.
Fearing to offend the 'pusher'.
It's a doing that keeps them attached.
Like someone in a relationship feeling trapped.
But refuses to leave because they have adapted.
Although loving the argument,
Without an ending to that to not go back.'
Wanting to be submissive.
Yet having a preference to be dominated.
Once you've been made a 'bottom'.
Hard it is to go back being a 'top'.
'It's all in the observation.'
And a position one eventually prefers.
With the 'sheets' coming out every now and then...
To excite foreplay with an upcoming of attractions.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's An Addicting Need by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper