Lawrence S. Pertillar
It's An Addicting Need
Why are those who choose,
To express an ignorance...
Said and/or intended to do,
Get the attention they expect?
With this intention not only meant,
But knowing it might ignite an unrest expected?
Offend those who already know,
Biases spoken and comments made to be heard...
Will upset their sensitivities they are too immature,
To have left behind to leave...
With an acceptance to progress beyond validating,
And confirming they seek subservience sought to get...
To leave their minds consciously limited,
With feelings of being oppressed...
By those they rely to remind them of it?
'It's an addicting need.
One knows quitting provides benefits.
But too painful it is to do 'cold turkey'.
If you've got 'em smoke 'em.
If not...bum 'em.'
What do you mean?
'If those did not feed them this addiction,
The attention given would be missed.
The doing of this continues to exist,
As if a prerequisite needing an approval? '
I see what you mean.
Like a belief one hates to leave.
Fearing to offend the 'pusher'.
It's a doing that keeps them attached.
Like someone in a relationship feeling trapped.
But refuses to leave because they have adapted.
Although loving the argument,
Without an ending to that to not go back.'
Wanting to be submissive.
Yet having a preference to be dominated.
Once you've been made a 'bottom'.
Hard it is to go back being a 'top'.
'It's all in the observation.'
And a position one eventually prefers.
With the 'sheets' coming out every now and then...
To excite foreplay with an upcoming of attractions.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's An Addicting Need by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- AMISS, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)