It's Not Easy
It's not easy when the sight of me makes you queasy.
Please believe me I'm not sleazy.
All in all I'm quite pleasing.
I know I annoy.
In some ways still I'm just a boy.
It's not easy knowing you're a joke.
Deep inside I'm hurt and broke.
You're far too good. I'm far too bad.
The thought of this makes me sad.
It's not easy being a freak.
No one listens when I speak.
I'm far too strange and oblique.
It's not easy being ugly.
I wish I were at least plainly.
It isn't easy not being good enough,
for someone who's so fair and tough.
I wish with me you weren't so gruff.
It's not easy knowing that I'll never be,
someone you love and truly need.
It's not easy, you must agree,
to be a guy that's just like me.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Not Easy by Michael McParland )
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be a man with humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)