It's Who We Are, or So I Was Told.
Sometimes I like to run in circles
and pretend im going somewhere.
It gives me something to do.
Other times I like to run towards the horizon,
because I have this false hope
that I'll be there in time to see the sun set.
And other times I dont like running at all.
I like to sit there and watch the rest of you
hop, skip, and run towards absolutely nothing.
Dawn Michelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Who We Are, or So I Was Told. by Dawn Michelle )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley