'' It's Yourself You Betray ''
Although you’re my enemy you’re also my friend,
Will the pain you cause me never end,
At times you do drive me round the bend,
Yet you stay with me every day.
A companion I’d say is a statement too far,
My description of you would be akin to a scar,
Sometimes prominent and often bizarre,
You know no other way.
I always ask you why you picked on me,
You refuse to answer you never agree,
Maybe one day you will set me free,
Until then you will make me pay.
I have been informed you could well leave,
My terrible discomfort that would relieve,
I know for a fact I wouldn’t grieve,
Problem is I do not have a say.
Your behaviour is sometimes bang out of order,
I’d have to say it’s on cruelty you border,
You seem to gain pleasure from causing disorder,
It’s a game you do love to play.
Sometimes you’re good yet on others you’re bad,
Your sole aim in life is to drive me mad,
You surely know you are making me sad,
Yet my fears you refuse to allay.
You’re a living entity you must have a brain,
What you do in life is totally insane,
From hurting others why don’t you refrain,
You enjoy treating me as your prey.
But I’ve kept a secret that you don’t know,
As that last dice I’m about to throw,
I’ll be taking you with me when I go,
It’s me that’s led you astray.
In essence you can’t really do what you please,
Though you’ve finally brought me to my knees,
I can no longer live with my cancerous disease,
By killing me,
‘’ It’s Yourself You Betray ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' It's Yourself You Betray '' by bri mar )
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
- Real meditation, hasmukh amathalal
- Real bond, hasmukh amathalal
- Going with knowledge, gajanan mishra
- Judgement, Michael Hunley
- Going Home, Emily Liang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Question, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)