JAILS FOR PROFIT
If the Americans can have jails for profit, why can't we?
Is there any way we could get our politicians to agree?
Because it is extremely expensive to keep a man in jail,
And there must be a cheaper way to do it in great detail.
Why do we call them correctional facilities instead of jails
Is it our early release system, the good food or our easy bails?
Is there something we need to know to improve our organization?
The huge expense, the overcrowding without an explanation.
Why is this subject so shunned by our comfortable politicians?
Unfortunately we have Trudeau’s Charter and soft conditions,
Without referendums or recall so nothing will be done,
Can’t have jails for profit and no questions please, so they won.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JAILS FOR PROFIT by James Bredin )
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)