JAILS FOR PROFIT
If the Americans can have jails for profit, why can't we?
Is there any way we could get our politicians to agree?
Because it is extremely expensive to keep a man in jail,
And there must be a cheaper way to do it in great detail.
Why do we call them correctional facilities instead of jails
Is it our early release system, the good food or our easy bails?
Is there something we need to know to improve our organization?
The huge expense, the overcrowding without an explanation.
Why is this subject so shunned by our comfortable politicians?
Unfortunately we have Trudeau’s Charter and soft conditions,
Without referendums or recall so nothing will be done,
Can’t have jails for profit and no questions please, so they won.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JAILS FOR PROFIT by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp