JAILS FOR PROFIT
If the Americans can have jails for profit, why can't we?
Is there any way we could get our politicians to agree?
Because it is extremely expensive to keep a man in jail,
And there must be a cheaper way to do it in great detail.
Why do we call them correctional facilities instead of jails
Is it our early release system, the good food or our easy bails?
Is there something we need to know to improve our organization?
The huge expense, the overcrowding without an explanation.
Why is this subject so shunned by our comfortable politicians?
Unfortunately we have Trudeau’s Charter and soft conditions,
Without referendums or recall so nothing will be done,
Can’t have jails for profit and no questions please, so they won.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JAILS FOR PROFIT by James Bredin )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)