Richard Netherland Cook
She was when we first courted,
Of a gentle and tender tone,
A softness set in motion,
To make my heart her very own.
So fun and loving in her ways,
So youthful and carefree,
And in my heart I did feel,
This was the girl for me.
Steeped in faith and kindness,
The years have not erased,
The gentle nature of her being,
Are the sweetness in her face.
Time does now deceive her,
But in her heart she still retains,
All the fullness of her goodness,
Where it always does remain.
There would be no joy on earth,
For me as all would see,
My heart would surely stop it's beat,
If without her I would be.
Too soon, the wings of time,
Shall close about her, and yet,
In my heart where memories hide,
She will always be as we first met.
Richard Netherland Cook's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Jane by Richard Netherland Cook )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak