While walking through the woods, I came upon an open gate
and thought of the historical importance of this date.
How, from a haunted forest, a proud people once emerged
and left behind some of the pain connected to the scourge
their nation once subjected all their predecessors to.
This scourge would be concluded by an electoral coup.
But hopefully those people won't discover it's too late
for all of them to take advantage this open gate.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (January 20,2009 by William Chaplar )
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira