Joseph McGruffer McDuffer turned green,
It was the stranges thing I've ever seen,
But it's true, Joseph turned green,
And it was all because of jealousy.
It began when his girl, Mindy Mae,
While walking home from school one day,
Talked to a boy she met on the way,
And it sparked Joseph's jealousy.
Then McGruffer, how he started yellin'
About the tainted love that Mindy was sellin'
And whether the end her actions was spellin'
And he said it all out of jealousy.
But all of a sudden there rose such a clatter
That I sprang to his side to see what was the matter
Well he wasn't getting shorter and he wasn't getting fatter
He was turning green with jealousy.
There ain't nothing for it, the deed has been done,
And McGruffer McDuffer ain't having no fun
'Cuz everyone know sthere is no one
Who likes someone green with jealousy.
The moral of this tale is easy to see
You ought to know it as well as me
But I'll have to live it vicariously,
For I can't help my jealousy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jealousy by Aidan Clevinger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv