I've found that one's devotion to a significant other is directly proportional to how much one writes.
I have to confess something
(Please don't think me insane)
But when you're near the words just flow
From my pen, like the water
Drip-dropping on my window pane.
It's such a new, strange feeling,
I've never been so inspired.
My hand glides across the page
Though I'm hungry and I'm tired
Oh well, it's not unpleasant,
To have so much to say.
Maybe you could stay and listen?
Would that be OK?
Aidan Clevinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inspired by Aidan Clevinger )
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sketching Patterns, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Assurance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)