Jesus: My Valentine
A saint although they say he was
who died all for love's sake;
yet not compared to the death on the cross,
for naught but death to take.
In season and out
he's always there.
His blood speaks out
his love so dear.
A broken stallion, an injured lamb
with battered and torn flesh.
A ritual to steal all from harm
to gift all with life's breath.
What precious gift is there to give
than a sacrifice of love,
with priceless gifts and grace to live
as gentle as a dove.
I searched the streets for mine.
Then there came so beautiful
Jesus, my valentine.
Israel Ebiti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jesus: My Valentine by Israel Ebiti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer